A construct is an animated object or artificially constructed creature.
Toughness: Base Toughness equal to +1. This value is modified by their armor.
Combat: Base Combat Bonus equal to 3/4 times level.
Good Saving Throws: None
Skills: These creatures are usually mindless and have no skills. If they have an Intelligence score, they gain skills as follows: At 1st level, (2 + Int, minimum 1) skills at 4 ranks each, and (2 + Int) skill ranks per additional level.
Feats: These creatures are usually mindless and have no feats. If they have an Intelligence score, they gain feats as follows: One feat at first level, and an additional feat every third level. These feats may be chosen from the following categories:
- No Constitution score.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Immunity to all mind-influencing effects (including Heart Reading, Heart Shaping, and any supernatural power requiring mental contact).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning and disease effects or the Imbue Unlife supernatural power.
- Cannot heal damage on their own. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from that quality. Supernatural constructs can usually be repaired by exposing them to a certain kind of effect (see the creature's description for details) or through the use of the Imbue Item feat. Mechanical constructs can be repaired with the Craft (mechanics) skill (Difficulty 15 for "hurt", 20 for "wounded", and 25 for "diabled").
- A mindless construct's creator (or owner) can command it if the construct is within 60 feet and can see and hear its creator. If not commanded, a mindless construct usually follows its last instructions to the best of its ability, though if attacked it returns the attack. The creator can give the construct a simple command to govern its actions in his or her absence.
- Not subject to critical hits, non-lethal damage or ability score loss.
- Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless.)
- Immediately destroyed when reduced to "dying" condition on the damage track.
- Cannot be affected by the Imbue Life power.
- Constructs do not eat, sleep or breathe.
Advancement: Constructs advance by gaining more levels in construct.